Food & Drink
Rocks & Minerals
- Q 1: What is Gravel?
A: Gravel is a mixture of coarse sand and small water-worn stones.
- Q 2: What is Avoirdupois?
A: Avoirdupois is a measurement of weight.
- Q 3: What was the Carlton Club?
A: The Carlton Club was a famous political club in Pall Mall, London.
- Q 4: In classical mythology, who was Antiope?
A: Antiope was the goddess of the new moon, the gad-fly dance and fecundity; Mother of the morning and evening star.
- Q 5: Who was Dimitri Shostakovich?
A: Dimitri Shostakovich was a Russian composer.
- Q 6: What is a Camcorder?
A: A Camcorder is a hand-held combined video camera and video recorder, used for recording motion events directly, rather than relaying the data to a separate recording device.
- Q 7: Who was Daniel Maclise?
A: Daniel Maclise was an Irish painter.
- Q 8: When was Lycra introduced?
A: Lycra was introduced in 1958 by Du Pont of Delaware, USA.
- Q 9: Kosmikophobia is the fear of what?
A: Kosmikophobia is the fear of cosmic phenomenon.
- Q 10: Who invented the spinning-jenny?
- Q 11: What is the Gulag?
A: The Gulag is the central administrative department of the Soviet security service.
- Q 12: Italophobia is the fear of what?
A: Italophobia is the fear of Italian people and things.
- Q 13: Batrachophobia is the fear of what?
A: Batrachophobia is the fear of reptiles.
- Q 14: Seplophobia is the fear of what?
A: Seplophobia is the fear of decaying matter.
- Q 15: What is a Bevel-Square?
A: A Bevel-Square is a square, the blade of which is adjustable to any angle in the stock, and retained at any 'set' by a clamping screw.
- Q 16: Who was Arthur Walkley?
A: Arthur Walkley was an English author and journalist.
- Q 17: What is the Ocean of Storms?
A: The Ocean of Storms (Oceanus Procellarum) is the largest of the dark plains on the surface of the moon.
- Q 18: What is a Gas-Turbine?
A: The Gas-Turbine is a form of engine in which a continuous stream of hot gases is directed against the blades of a turbine, causing it to turn.
- Q 19: Nebulaphobia is the fear of what?
A: Nebulaphobia is the fear of fog.
- Q 20: Who was Calpurnius Siculus?
A: Calpurnius Siculus was a Roman poet of the first century AD.